The Museums of Fuquay-Varina are thrilled to receive old photos for safe keeping.
This one is the Wedding Reception of Frances & Jack Senter in 1950; but most interesting to the Woman’s Club because the reception took place in the Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club clubhouse. Note the floral drapes (which came before the blue ones), the mantle before the brick facade was added in the 1950’s, the three overhead lights before any chandeliers, and the painted wooden floors. Most of the changes in the 1936 building took place after this date.
At the time, the Woman’s Club Clubhouse was about the only place in town for any social event. Many birthday parties and receptions were held here. If an event was not held here, it was likely to take place in the Gold Leaf Restaurant (which is now the site of Bostic and Wilson Antiques.)
Contact the fuquay-varina-museums.org if you have pictures of similar historical value.
This one is courtesy of the Senter children, two of whom are members of the Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club and docents at the Museums.