We will enjoy refreshments and socializing prior to an interesting presentation from our Conservation CSP. Our speaker will be from the Friends of the North Carolina State Parks. 2016 is the 100th anniversary of our state park system! We hope everyone will enjoy learning more about the organization, what their mission is, how we can all get involved and more about our amazing state parks.
Our club members are very active within our community and support a wide variety of programs including “backpack buddies” where we help subsidize food for hungry children and their families over the weekend. Members are welcome to bring:
- Aluminum drink can tabs or soup can tabs
- Cancelled postage stamps
- Used greeting cards (no Disney/American Greetings/Hallmark)
- Coupons for the military Education box tops
- Bibles Cookbooks
- Adult and children’s books Magazines
- Education box tops
- Pillow cases
- Canned (no glass) spaghetti sauce and 16 oz. pasta
- Healthy snacks – fruit, granola bars, trail mix, peanut butter crackers
For women 40 years and younger please visit our Fuquay-Varina Junior Woman’s Club.